The history links have been completely revamped. We've removed the broken links, updated
the changed ones, and more importantly, added a whole bunch more. With over 230 links
pointing to racing history sources, we have decided to split the links into sub pages.
In order to make maintaining the links as easy as possible, we only list them once, even if
they could logically be listed under multiple categories. Therefore, here are some helpful
hints to find a link you may be looking for:
- When looking for a link on a particular person or track, look under personalities and tracks,
respectively, not under the type of racing they may be most noted for.
- Links about particular cars or races are located under their respective type of racing.
- If a photo gallery contains photos of a particular subject matter, look under that particular
category. If it contains photos covering a wide range of racing, then it will be located under
- Any link about vintage racing (i.e., racing vintage cars today, as opposed to a history of
a particular car or race) is located under vintage links.
Of course, the best way to get the most out of these links is simply to take the time to
browse through all the subjects that interest you and explore the sites that will help you expand
your knowledge of racing history. And of course, don't forget there is plenty of history
information on our site!
- U.S. Open Wheel Racing
- National Championship Racing (AAA, USAC, CART)
- Road Racing (formula cars)
- Short Track (sprints, midgets, World of Outlaws, modifieds)
- Grand Prix/F1 Racing
- Grand Prix Racing (the complete time frame)
- Modern Era F1 Racing (1950 to present)
- Sports Car Racing
- United States (Can-Am, IMSA, SCCA, Trans-Am, etc.)
- Europe (Le Mans, Targa Florio, Mille Miglia, etc.)
- Stock Car Racing
- NASCAR (champions, 50 years, etc.)
- Short Track (IMCA, Florida, Central NY, etc.)
- Road Circuits (Monza, Spa, Watkins Glen, etc.)
- Speedways (Brooklands, Indy, Milwaukee, etc.)
- Bullrings (Islip, Midwest Speedway, etc.)
- Personalities (Clark, Donohue, Petty, Villenueve, etc.)
- General History
- Web Sites
- Photo Galleries
- Sanctioning Bodies (organizations that run vintage races)
- Events (races, concours, shows)
- Shops (restorers, part manufacturers)
- Research (facilities for the researcher)
- Museums (racing, not just automotive, related)
- Hall of Fames
|If you have an historic auto racing web site|
that you feel belongs on this list,
then please the URL, and we'll check it out.
If we agree, we'll put it up here.